Print out a kid-friendly version of this recipe here!
This recipe works with whatever you have on hand, but we’re using:
- Zucchini, sliced into 1/4″ rounds
- Cherry Tomatoes, whole
- Red Onion, cut into wedges
- Yellow Pepper, cut into cubes
- Dressing or seasoning (maybe one from the bonus recipes from yesterday?)
- Wooden Skewers, soaked in water
- Cut vegetables as directed
- Thread vegetables onto skewers (make a pattern!)
- Brush with marinade or seasoning
- Grill on medium, turning to cook evenly or roast in the oven on 400 for 10-12 minutes.
See the original video of this recipe here.
Expanded Learning Opportunities
– Pattern Snakes
– Shape Scavenger Hunt
– Plant (or Start) a Vegetable Garden
– Play Sequence or Connect Four! (Parent Resource: What is the Difference Between a Pattern and a Sequence)