Last week, Brooklyn suggested we make dog treats for our pup, Austin, so here we go! As an added bonus, this will use up most of a random can of pumpkin puree that’s been hanging out in my pantry for two years. The rest will wind up in this whole wheat pumpkin muffin recipe later today.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together pumpkin & peanut butter in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the flour and combine the mixture into a dough.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface.
- Cut into shapes with your favorite cookie cutter.
- Place treats onto an ungreased baking sheet, about a half inch apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes in oven.
See the original video for this recipe here.
Expanded Learning Opportunities
- – Practice name recognition and spelling with this dachshund name puzzle activity.
– Can you build a dog house? Set up an invitation to play using materials you already have on hand.
- – Work on letter recognition with this “puppy chow” game. Match upper to lower case letters if your child has already mastered recognizing the ABCs.
- – Practice shapes while creating this cute doggy craft.