This is a super simple, super flexible recipe that’s an easy way to use up leftover fridge ingredients as well as meal prep some filling breakfasts. Any combination of ingredients will work — use leftover taco ingredients for a southwest style breakfast burrito, or use spinach and egg whites for a healthy twist.
- Bread — tortilla, English muffins, sandwich bread, leftover biscuits
- Egg — Baked, fried or scrambled
- Meat (optional) — bacon, ham, leftover steak, sausage, cooked taco meat, etc.
- Cheese — sliced or shredded
- Vegetables (optional) — whatever combination you have!
- Cut foil and parchment down into rectangles.
- Layer foil, parchment, bread, meat, cheese, and vegetables.
- Wrap the breakfast sandwich in parchment first, then foil.
- Store in a freezer bag until ready to heat.
- Unwrap foil and place on a microwave safe plate. Heat in microwave 1-2 minutes until warmed through!
See the original video for this recipe here.