Our trip to the farm took a little bit of a turn today, and we’re headed into the barn to visit with the horses! And what to horses love to snack on? Hay! So we’re making a easy, tasty treat.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 cup Chow Mein Noodles
- Wax paper
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and marshmallows and microwave until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add noodles and stir until combined.
- Place wax paper on a baking sheet and spoon the mixture onto the tray making little piles.
- Let the haystacks cool and some of the stickiness will go away.
See the original video for this recipe here.
Expanded Learning Opportunities
- – Make your own paper horse and teach it how to walk (or, use a straw to help it move)!
- – Here’s a super cute horse print out to decorate. Attach this to a paper towel tube — or a wrapping paper tube — and let your imagination run wild.
- – Make a lap book to learn all about horses.
- – Match the horses in this horse puzzle.