We’re continuing our visit to the farm today by exploring corn. This recipe combines freshly cooked corn with garden vegetables to create a light, fresh side dish perfect for warm weather!
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Either boil or grill corn. Once cooked, remove kernels from corn.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
See the original video for this recipe here.
Expanded Learning Opportunities
- – Use corn kernels and make these corn cob counting mats to practice counting and math.
- – Using pantry ingredients, you can make your own hopping corn. Try the instructions here!
- – Dye some corn kernels and make beautiful corn mosaics (or a fun sensory bin).
- – Don’t forget to try some of the activities we listed previously in this recipe!