It’s time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and what better way than homemade enchiladas. An easy make ahead meal, this recipe could be doubled for the freezer or passed along to a friend or neighbor in need.
- 8 8-in flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 7-0z can diced green chiles
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine 1 cup of cheese and the chicken. Place some of the mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up, placing in the prepared dish, seam side down.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Cook the mixture until thickened. Stir in the sour cream and the green chiles. Pour the mixture over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
See the original video for this recipe here.